International Manufacturing company wants to employ an Operations Manager in Mohale’s Hoek, Lesotho.
The successful candidate will fulfil a senior role which involves overseeing the production of goods and/or provision of services. It will be his task to make sure the organization is running at full productivity, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and shareholders.
• The OM will report directly to and take instruction from the Managing Director.
• He will be immediately in charge of the 2 Production managers as well as the Integrated Materials Manager.
• Ultimate responsibility for Hygiene, cleanliness, safety and productivity of production staff will lie with the Operations Manager.
• Implementing and managing a Quality Assurance program.
• To direct, supervise, and coordinate activities of the production managers engaged in the manufacturing environment, while ensuring that production outputs match the customer’s specification and requirements.
• Planning and coordination of shifts operation and all labor related matters, including appointments.
• To direct supervise and coordinate the activities of the Integrated Materials Manager ensuring adequate supply of raw material and stock control.
• Ensuring the adherence of personnel to the companies’ Standard Operating Procedures.
• Responsible for equipment asset management, including maintenance shutdowns etc.
• Continuous improvement of cost and productivity of the company.
• Ensuring that Occupational Health, Safety and Regulations are maintained to a set standard.
• Liaising with the Finance dept. on budgets and managing cost.
• Conducting daily and weekly meetings and reports to the Directors.